Sunday 8 June 2014

"Reflections"


Today's share is a favourite of mine! Completed a little while ago and recently published in Scrap365!!
When I received the acceptance email from Ali Paris, I had to read and re-read several times to make sure I was seeing correctly. I suppose one never believes in oneself like they should and whilst sending off a few layouts for submission to this awesome mag, I never ever thought that they would be considered  or even published for that fact. So to say the least I was over the moon. And a huge thank you Ali! xx

And so this is a favourite of mine because of the memories it brings about. The photo is of myself and my two younger brothers I think when I was about 9. We don't have a great deal of photos of us as kids so it is especially dear to me.

 Hope you enjoy the details and close-ups below.

"Reflections"


I have used again my favourite range from Prima the "Engraver" Collection.



I used some differing stamps. These birds are from the Kaisercraft acrylic stamps called "Periwinkle". They were all stamped on Luggage tags and fussy cut and mounted.


These gorgeous chippies from Dusty Attic. I simply coated these with Acrylic Antique white and inked randomly with a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


The Kaisercraft Wood Flourish Birdcage was dressed similarly. I also added a little lace and a section of the beautiful measuring tape from the Engraver papers. The Memory Maze script word (Moments) was covered with a little Liquid Pearls (Onyx Pearl).


I added some journalling to some hand dyded luggage tags using Kaisercraft Teeny Tiny Alpha Stickers. I dyded these tags using coffee. Loved the end result with the dark splotches.


And lastly my hand made liquid pearl flourishes on acetate which I then fussy cut and glued.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit here and that you have a most beautiful day.

Tina xx

Materials List

Prima Engraver Collection (Atlas, Cartouche, Cessello)
Bazzill Cardstock
Manilla Luggage Tags
Acetate
Dusty Attic Chipboard (Baroque Corners)
Kaisercraft Wood Flourish (Round Birdcage)
Memory Maze Chipboard Word
Liquid Pearls (Onyx Pearl and Chocolate)
Twine
Kaisercraft Acrylic Paint
Kaisercraft Teeny Tiny Alpha Stickers
Kaisercraft Acrylic Stamps
Kaisercraft Paper Blooms (Honey)
Key Charms
Seam Binding
Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain)


4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Tina, really love the vintagey feel to it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really are kind Lizzy...thankyou and for taking the time to leave a comment! Have a great day! Tina x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou ever so much Miss Rosebud. And I hope you have a lovely crafty weekend away! xx

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017