Sunday 15 February 2015

"Girl with Binoculars" -Steampunk OTP

Hi and welcome once again.

Today I am sharing the third of my Design Team creations for Fabscraps using the "Floral Delight" collection. I have run out of these papers......but rest assured if I can get my hands on more I most definitely will. This project for me was a little challenging. I was asked very kindly by the lovely Tish to create a  Off The Page Project with a Steampunk theme!

Um Steampunk?
Have never ever ventured this way before......so I took to using my good friend Google to do some research firstly to get me on track.

From then I got to thinking about a stamp pack I purchased whilst on Easter holidays last year at a fantastic Art shop my husband found in Harvey Bay........! It has worked in perfectly  with this theme.

So I have called this one - "Girl with Binoculars".



You can see here the amount of wonderful Chipboards that I have used. The Fabscraps Filigree Shelves are absolutely delish! I have dressed these randomly in gold embossing powders and then quite heavily used distress inks to colour them up a little more to make them pop off the torn and inked corrugated board. I have cut these clock hands from the Tim Holtz sizzix die and covered them with the "Floral Delight" pattern papers.


You can see here that I have used a lot of chipboard and some most Fabulous Fabscraps Charms....!


I have layered the cogs, stamped clocks and the chipboard Fabscraps Frames with the charms


And from another angle.


Have I mentioned how much I love these charms. Here I have attached this beautiful piece as the body to the Filigree butterfly and wrapped some twine through the top and then around the project.


Well that is all from me today. I do hope you have enjoyed this OTP project.
As always, I have included a full materials list with step by step instructions....just keep scrolling.

I wish you a wonderful day and until next time....happy scrapping!

Tina xx




Materials Used:

Fabscraps Collection C74 "Floral Delight":

Fabscraps C74 006 Birds and Butterflies 2 x 1
Fabscraps C74 007 Floral Delight x 1
Fabscraps C74 008 Floral Stripe x 1
Fabscraps Filigree Butterfly Charm
Fabscraps Filigree Floral Charms x 2
Fabscraps Frames in Assorted Sizes x 3
Fabscraps DC74 001 (2 Filigree Shelves)
Fabscraps DC Cog
Corrugated Board
Chipboard
Adhesive Ring
Twine
Gold Brad
Sizzix Die Weathered Clock (used for Clock Hands)
Sizzix Die Cogs
Chronology Acrylic Stamps
Acrylic Stamp Flourish
Gold and Black Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Embossing Ink
Transparency Paper
Distress Inks
Crackle Accents
Archival Inks

Instructions:

1.Cut one large tag measuring 16 x 8 cms from Floral Delight. Distress and ink edges. Adhere to a torn Corrugated frame (measuring 16 x 17cms) inked with Walnut Stain and Evergreen Bough.
2. Using Fabscraps frames cut papers to fit all three. Ink all edges of papers and frames. With the third frame use Floral Stripe and stamp a steampunk image using acrylic stamps. Layer these atop of tag on corrugated board.
3. Take Fabscraps Filigree Shelves and dress with gold embossing powder and inks. Adhere either side of tag.
4.Cut Dies of cogs and clock hands from chipboard. Dress with embossing powders and inks and layer around frames. Cut second lot of clock hands from patterned papers that are left over and adhere atop of chipboard and dress as previous.
5. Using remaining Floral Stripe (Yellow side) stamp clock face images and colour with distress inks, cut out and apply crackle accents. Adhere in and around cogs as shown.
6. Make transparency flourish embellishments using transparency paper and embossing powders. Cut out and adhere in and around cogs.
7. Your OTP project is now complete....just frame and hang!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017