Tuesday 3 March 2015

"Little Things"

Hello and welcome back. I really can't believe it is March already. Time seems to be escaping on me. So this is a little late in posting but better late than never as they say.




I have titled this "Little Things".


My starting point for a layout always starts with the photo. And this was not my chosen photo. But it wasn't until I was about to reprint a photo that I came across this one. I love this photo and had entirely forgotten all about it. I love the fact that Cydne was so caught up in filling her bucket with sand that she was still wearing her goggles all fogged up and full of water was what I remember.


So everything that I had envisaged creating was turned on its head and I had to start again from scratch. I pulled together a lot of differing papers to match the colours in Cydne's clothes. I used an older range of Carta Bella called "Devoted" that I have used on a number of occasions.


I firstly made a mixed media background with a stencil and glimmermists. And then I did a some layering with cut, distressed and torn papers.


I have used a lot of chippies from different companies ( Fabscraps, Dusty Attic and  Blue Fern). 



I have tucked a little bottle in among the flower cluster along with some cheesecloth and shells and then dry  brushed everything with a little gesso. 


And another view.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I so hope you have liked this creation made for March Challenge Sketch.
Pop on over if you feel like giving it a go!

Tina xx

1 comment:

  1. Tina, this is a beautiful layout. I like the layering, colours and embellishments used it works.

    ReplyDelete

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017