Wednesday 6 May 2015

"Cute Stuff" The Scrapbook Store Sketch Challenge for May

Hello and welcome back. 

Today I have for you my interpretation of the Sketch Challenge for May over at The Scrapbook Store. This month Marelize has created this wonderful sketch. And if you know me well enough, you would know how much I struggle with using more than one photo on a page! 
But hello....this sketch has 5!!!!!!!!
Well I went into a little bit of what I would call overdrive. Spent a lot and I mean a lot of time searching my photos for something that would fit this sketch. And sure enough I found them after about 2 days of looking and procrastinating. Something I find a do well. But if it sounds like I am having a whinge.....I am most certainly not. But I do want to thank Marelize for a this wonderful sketch and challenge. I absolutely loved this sketch and the challenge is something I know that puts me outside my comfort zone, but I think it also forces me to do those things that I would not normally do. So if you are like me and need a little encouragement pop on over to The Scrapbook Store here. You will find this sketch that I have copied below, and much much more.

TSS_Sketch_-_May_2015.jpg


And this is my interpretation of the sketch. I had to name this one "Cute Stuff".


For this layout I started off with a Bazzill (Marshamallow) cardstock and created a media background using Modelling Paste through Finnabairs newest stencil....Bubbles. Love this stencil. I created more dimensional bubbles by adhering Cabochons over the top of some of the stenciled bubbles.


Of course I have used some most beautiful chipboards from Dusty Attic and Blue Fern Studios.



The Dusty Attic Decorative Scroll #1 was treated with a couple of differing techniques to give this gorgeous colour. 


Here you can see that I have used circular Rhinestones around the layout to create more bubbles!


I love these chipboard titles from Blue Fern Studios. This one was simply powder embossed with black and silver embossing powders melted together to help highlight different sections of the title against the flower cluster.


A little chipboard heart from Memory Maze that has been crackled with Finnabairs Crackle Paste. It has been layered on top of these beautiful flowers from Prima Marketing Inc.

Well that all from me today.
So hope you enjoyed visiting me here.
Keep scrolling if you would like the materials list.

Happy Scrapping

Tina x

Materials List

Bazzill Cardstock - Marshmallow
American Craft Cardstock - Shrimp
Overhead Transparency Paper
Mont Marte Modelling Paste
Liquitex Gesso
Dusty Attic Decorative Scroll #1 DA0213
Blue Fern Studio Chipboard Title "Cute Stuff"
Chipboard Heart - Memory Maze
Chipboard Gate - Memory Maze
Prima Marketing Inc.Finnabair Elementals Stencil (Bubbles) #961299
Prima Marketing Inc. Resins (Corner Frames and Crown)
Prima Marketing Inc. Junkyard Findings Vintage Trinkets Typo Zipper #891558
Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers Isabella "Abree" #581732
Prima Marketing Inc. Engraver Black Flowers
Prima Marketing Flower Trim
Prima Marketing Inc. Crackle Paste White
Ranger Crackle Accents
Green Tara Black Roses
Martha Stewart Doilies
Circle Rhinestones
Cabochons (differing sizes)
Zing Silver, Black and White Embossing Powders
Versa Mark Embossing Ink
Kaisercraft Acrylic Stamps - "Tigerlilly"
Ranger Distress Ink Tattered Rose and Black Soot
Cheesecloth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017