Thursday 13 August 2015

"Forever in our hearts" DT creation for The Scrapbook Store

Hello and welcome back!
I hope you are well wherever you are in the world!
Today I am sharing the first of my Design Team creations for The Scrapbook Store.
Suzanne McGregor has spoilt me this month and supplied me with a goodies box full of 
Bo Bunny's "Penny Emporium" collection.


I have titled this layout "Forever in our hearts".

I found these photos of my youngest daughter with our now departed fur friend "Sam". She was 14 when she passed and it so broke our hearts. So much so that I went without a animal companion for a good time after she left us. I can't explain why but she was such an integral part of our family and it just didn't seem right to replace her. 
Sam towards the end was suffering from a rare form of skin cancer. It took a huge toll on me, looking after her every day bathing her cancers and bandaging her so to keep her comfortable. Not once did she cry or bite or look the littlest bit sad. So to make the decision that she was too leave us was the hardest thing I have ever done and it really still tears me apart today. We all miss her especially my youngest....this is for her.


I have rubbed over my resins using some Viva Inks Gold to give them some dimension.


Look at the wonderful cracks made with Finnabair's art Extravagance Texture Paste - White Crackle. I love to lay it over thickly on distress inked chipboards. The paste soaks up the inks whilst setting. Gives it a little extra hit of colour.


Here you can see the ink that has popped through the Crackle Paste......just love this effect!


From another angle.


And another.....


I have added in my usual bits of dyed cheesecloth. I dyed this piece using some Spun Sugar Distress Ink and then watered it down a little to soften the colour.


Well that is all from me today.
I have listed all materials used for this layout below, just keep scrolling. All materials used are available from 
The Scrapbook Store here

Thanks for visiting.
Until next time happy scrapping.

Tina xx

I design for the Scrapbook Store.

Materials List

Bo Bunny Penny Emporium - Emporium Portraiture #18301001
Bo Bunny Penny Emporium - Emporium Alphabet #18301993
Bo Bunny Penny Emporium - Emporium Imagination #18301999
Tim Holtz - idea-ology Chitchat Stickers
Dusty Attic Luxury Scroll #DA1353D
Dusty Attic Word Pack #13 DA1275V
Blue Fern Studios Fancy Birdcage Scroll
Scrapmatts Hearts 05 #CB1159
Petaloo International Botanicals
Petaloo International The Penny Lane Collection (Soft Lavender)
Wild Orchid - Lillies
Prima Marketing Resin Frame, Birdhouse and Bird
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Bisque
Ranger Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
Ranger Distress Ink - Spun Sugar
Ranger Crackle Accents
Fairy Dust Glitter
Liquitex Gesso
Finnabair art Extravagance Texture Paste - White Crackle
Viva Inka Gold - Platin Platinum
Viva Inka Gold - Hortensie Hydrangea
Cheesecloth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017