Thursday 12 November 2015

"Joy" - DT creation for The Scrapbook Store

Oh my goodness, it is Friday already! This week has just flown for me, but nevertheless I have managed to squeeze in another creation for The Scrapbook Store using the ever so gorgeous
Blue Fern Studios Vintage Christmas.

I have a huge confession to make to you all. Some of you may already be aware of it though I am sure. Well I call myself the Grinch of Christmas Scrapping!!! There I said it. It has been about 8 years now that I have been scrapping and in that time I have only ever produced two other Christmas layouts excluding the two that I have done this week. I have never really taken to scrapping Christmas and I can't explain why. But what I can say is now that I have done a couple more I have thoroughly enjoyed the process of celebrating the memories of Christmas's of our previous years.

This layout was put together using a favourite photo of my son and youngest daughter Christmas Day of 2008. Back when they could happily put their arms around each other!

I hope you enjoy this, I have titled it....."Joy".


I have basically built on to the beautiful background of this Blue Fern Studios Vintage Christmas patterned paper. I started off by embossing my Blue Fern Studios Roman Clocks and the Memory Maze Wrought Iron Shelf.


I cut the word Joy from my Blue Fern Studios Word Ornaments Bauble and dressed it with some very pretty Diamond Dust. All my leaves were also dressed with a little of the Diamond Dust and a smiggen of Walnut Stain Distress Ink to darken them up a little to help co-ordinate with the patterned paper leaves around the edges.


You can see here that I have  used some Metal trinkets cut them up and tucked them around the page, along with some tea stained cheesecloth.


I love this little chipboard piece with the candle and bauble. Sooooo cute. I have inked the bauble with a little Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and some Crackle Accents to highlight it a little. I also wrapped a little pink jute from the top of the bauble and just let it hang where it may!

As always I have made a materials list for all materials used here in this layout. They are readily available here at The Scrapbook Store.

Well that is all from me today. I hope you have a wonderfully beautiful weekend and also that you take the time to do something for yourself!

Until next time happy scrapping.

Tina

Materials Used


Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Auld Lang Syne
Blue Fern Studios Vintage Christmas - Auld Lang Syne

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Roman Clocks Small

Blue Fern Studios - Roman Clocks Small

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard - Word Ornaments

Blue Fern Studios Word Ornaments
Green Tara - 3cm Mini Roses - Pink - 10 Pieces
Green Tara Roses 3cm
Green Tara - Mini Roses - 1cm - Pale Pink
Green Tara Roses 1cm

Prima Marketing - Flowers - Coy Hellaine
Prima Marketing Flowers - Coy Hellaine
Prima Marketing - Flowers - Coy Walden
Prima Marketing Flowers Coy Walden
Ranger - Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust
Ranger Star Dust Stickles

Wild Orchid Magnolias - Pink
Wild Orchid - Lillies - Pink and White
Imaginarium Metals Oval Lace
Memory Maze Chipboard Christmas Candle and Bauble
Memory Maze Wrought Iron Shelf
Liquitex Gesso
Gold Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Ink
Diamond Dust
Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough and Walnut Stain
Dylusions -White Linen
Miscellaneous Material Leaves Med and Lge
Christmas decorations 
Cheesecloth
Jute (Pink)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017