Saturday 13 February 2016

"Love" Dusty Attic Moodboard Creation for February

Welcome ....today I have my interpretation of February's Moodboard for Dusty Attic. I think I fell off my chair when I first saw this. Absolutely gorgeous! You can see for yourself below.


And this is my interpretation.....titled "Love".


I decided to use an older collection from Maja that I can't believe I haven't used before. I kept with the beautiful shabbiness of the moodboard , and added in the purples and pinks and also some of the darker touches of the browns. I have used a not so good photo here (it's a little blurry). But this photo touches my heart. A photo of my youngest having a cuddle and talk with her daddy.


I started with tearing pieces to build my page. I continued on with some stencilling with my Dusty Attic Script Stencil and Texture Paste.


The chipboards were dressed with gesso. Then the frames were covered with Rusting Powder and left to sit only for a short while. Once they were slightly dry and had started to change in colour I then used my Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint to stop the rusting process.....Faded Denim and a little Gesso were added to lighten each frame and make it unique.


The Dusty Attic branches were also coated with gesso and inked with Distress Ink and then covered with Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish to really make the green pop!


I have cut up the frames to make them go further as you can see here.

 


I so hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial and layout. Remember the Moodboard challenge has an amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher for the winning entry and to enter you simply need to use the Mood Board for Inspiration. Interpret it any way you wish. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic Chipboard is used in your project. Once completed simply add your link to the right side bar of the Dusty Attic Blog.

Until next time happy crafting.

Tina xo






Dusty Attic Materials List

Vintage Frame #2 ATC Frame #3 ATC Frame #1 Federation Frame set Word Strips mini Birds #3
Vintage Frame #2
ATC #1
ATC #3
Federation Frame Set
Word Strips
Mini Birds #3

Creative Script Stencil Dusty in Colour Faded Denim Dusty Attic Texture Paste Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish Rusting Powder 100gms Dusty Rose Leaves
Dusty Attic Creative Script Stencil
Dusty in Colour Faded Denim
Dusty Attic Texture Paste
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty Attic Rusting Powder
Dusty Rose Leaves

Other Materials Used

Maja Vintage Spring Basics (7th of March and 6th of March)
Miscellaneous Flowers
Purple Beads
Cheesecloth
Stamens
Glimmermist Sprays (Olive Vine and Dried Lavender
Distress Ink Forest Moss
Liquitex Gesso
Vinegar
Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder
Seed Beads












No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017