Friday 26 February 2016

"Capture this Moment" Dusty Attic Design Team Project for January 2016

Hi all and welcome! Tina O here with you today.
 I am very very honoured and excited to share with you my very first Dusty Attic project .

Whenever I create something off the page, which I find I don't do quite as much as what I probably should, I always do something I know which will be used. And more recently my youngest has just started an online art course. So it got me to thinking that I could do a journal cover for her art journal.
The suggestion of this to her created a significant amount of excitement to say the least.
So she got to picking out the colours . And from there I built this which I have titled...........

"Capture this Moment"


My journal cover was started with a simple sheet of chipboard cut to size to fit. I gave it a coating of gesso and once dry I then made some texture using a spatula and Dusty Attic's Texture Paste. I also added in a little more texture with the Dusty Attic Script Stencil. All the chipboards were then coated with gesso to prime them. Depending on what they will be dressed in depends on how many coats I do. 


This beautiful Vintage Frame #2 was given a couple of coats of gesso firstly. I then drew in some dimension. It was then brushed over again with gesso. After drying I mixed down my Oceania Dusty Colour Acrylic paint with a little Alabastar Dusty Colour Acrylic Paint and then randomly coloured around the frame work to help it pop a little from the background.


Here you can see the dimension made by drawing in some liquid pearls. You could alternatively also use Dimensional Magic.


The very cute Laurel Sprigs chipboard were dressed with Hot Chocolate and then brushed randomly with Oceania and Alabastar. Some of these chipboards have also been split apart to make them go a little further.





 Here you can see the Charm Feathers which are just adorable. I have use them all by cutting them up into different sections. They have all been painted using Storm Cloud, Fine Silver, Alabastar and the Oceania Dusty Attic Acrylic Paints. I have used a fine point paint brush to add detail to the feathers as you can see above and below.



I have added in a little Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish to the beaded parts on the Charm Feathers.


And another view for you.......


I have a complete materials list for you below. They are all listed as shown in order:

Image 1 Image 1 Image 1    

DA 0912 Oceania
DA 0902 Alabaster
DA 0923 Hot Chocolate
DA 0924 Storm Cloud
DA 0927 Fine Silver

Image 1    
DA 0900 Clear Crackle Varnish
DA 1218 Texture Paste
DA 0806 Dusty in Bloom Cornsilk

Dusty Rose Leaves

0962 Dusty Rose Leaves

        



DA 1464 Word Strips
DA 1469 Laurel Sprig
DA 1382 Feather Charm #3
DA 1380 Feather Charm #1
DA 1383 Feather Charm #4
DA 1341 Vintage Frame #2
DA 1347  Ornamental Trim Set
Tina Ollett

Thank you so much for taking the time to look. Hoping you have a fantastic day...........

Tina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017