Wednesday 4 May 2016

#happiness Design Team creation for The Scrapbook Store

Hello my crafty friends. Welcome again to the beginning of another month which has already started slipping away way too quickly. This is the first of my Design Team work for The Scrapbook Store.
I am happy to report that I am working again with Blue Fern Studios papers......"Courtship Lane" collection. I am also happy to report that these papers are more than scrumptious.


For the background of this layout I have used the reverse side of the Blue Fern Studios "Bourbon Ave" patterned paper. It is so deliciously delicate. I used the Dusty Attic brick wall stencil with a little crackle paste to highlight my embellishment clusters and photo. I have also randomly stamped with some Prima Marketing Inc. Sewing Spools in archival potting mix (a shabby grey). The edges of the paper have been blended in with Pumice Stone distress ink.

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Lane Street Sign

Above you will see the Blue Fern Studios chipboard "Lane Street Sign". I have altered this to fit my photo by cutting the bottom of the sign off and adhering it to the base of my mounted photo. These chipboards were dressed in gesso and Archival Potting Mix ink and then top dressed with Crackle Accents to make it sparkle and shine.


I have also used the Calling Cards patterned paper from Blue Fern Studios to mat my photo at the left.....you can just see it. Also I have cut the house and mounted it to sit and the side of the photo to add a little more green to this area.


I have used also for this project The Scrapbook Store's Semi Open Rosebuds in a soft pink......these are just gorgeous and so easy to work with. And to co-ordinate with them Petaloo Dogwood Canvas Blossoms and a few grey patterned florals from Prima Marketing Inc. Salvage District collection to break up the pink in the page. 

  

Okay so my fetish with straws is evergrowing. Here I have glued two together and layered my Lane Street Sign and Whimsy Flourish (the larger of the two) on top of each other. This was my starting point for the layout design. From here I layered flowers leaves muslin and a very cute metal adornment spoon from the Tim Holtz idea-ology collection.


And a few more close-ups for you......




Well that is all from me today. I hope you have enjoyed my first share for this month from 
The Scrapbook Store. Remember to keep scrolling for the materials list for this project which are all available here from The Scrapbook Store.
Until next time happy crafting.

Tina X
The Scrapbook Store

Materials Used


Blue Fern Studios Courtship Lane - Bourbon Avenue
Blue Fern Studios Courtship Lane - Calling Cards
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard - Lane Street Sign

Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard Shapes - Petite Windows

Blue Fern Studios Chipboard - Petite Windows
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard - Whimsy Flourishes

Image 1

Dusty Attic Stencil - Brick Wall #DA1325A
Dusty Attic Hashtag Sayings (#happiness)
The Scrapbook Store - Semi Open Rosebuds - Soft Pink

The Scrapbook Store - 1cm Semi-Open Rosebuds 10pk - Soft Pink
Petaloo Dogwood Canvas Blossoms Pink  #1211211
Petaloo - Canvas Dogwood Blossoms - Pink

Prima Marketing Flowers Inc. Salvage District
Lace Trim
Crackle Accents
Liquitex Gesso
Art-extravagence Crackle Paste White
Pumice Stone Distress Ink
Archival Potting Mix Ink
Tim Holtz Adornments - Silverware
Prima Marketing Inc. Cling Stamps - Sewing Spools
Hand Dyed Muslin
Miscellaneous Floral Trim
Kaisercraft Pearls Pink



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017