Tuesday 25 October 2016

"Seaside" - Maja Design DT Creation - Summertime Collection

Hello and a very warm welcome to you .
I am here with you today to share my next Design Team layout for Maja Design . I have been playing with their "Summertime" collection which I have fallen madly in love with, so don't be surprised if you see me using this again and again!
I have titled this ...."Seaside".....

2016-10-24 Seaside 015

I found this photo of my youngest a few weeks back and put it to the side and it wasn't until I pulled it out again that I noticed my eldest daughter was also in the picture in the background ......so I just had to use it! I have kept the layout soft and softened it more by tearing the "Cute Summer Dress" a and b sides allowing the core to show through., They have been layered up with a little Kraft Cardstock. I have also cut the frames from "By the Sea" a side and reversed some to show the b side. I also saved the strip from the paper to thread through the lace at the left and right of the layout. You can see this below.

2016-10-24 Seaside 023

I love nothing better than to do a little op shopping to find odd bits and pieces to add to my layouts. And this is where the scrabble pieces come from. I made them a little shabbier by added a dry brush of gesso to them and then layered them up through the middle of my flower cluster and large anchor at the right of the layout.

Above and below are a few more close-ups for you. I had thought I was finished and took photos went to bed and come back the next day to find that I thought it needed a little more, so I then made some flourish transparencies using a stamp and Seafoam embossing powders. I fussy cut these and cut them down smaller to add around my layout.


Summertime-P
Below are the papers that I have used from the Summertime collection to complete my layout.


You can see the Dusty Attic chipboard anchor below. It was dressed with a little Crackle Paste and then I rubbed in some Distress Ink and wiped it over with a little Glimmer Paint.

2016-10-24 Seaside 025

Other Products Used
Kraft Cardstock, Acetate
Flowers - 49andMarket, Prima and Miscellaneous
Chipboard - Dusty Attic
Scrabble Pieces
Leaves - Kaisercraft
Lace, Lace Motifs, Muslin, Jute
Gesso, Finnibair Crackle Paste, Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Glimmer Paint, Seafoam Embossing Powder, Versa Mark Ink.

That is all for me today. I hope you have a most beautiful week and I will see you back here again very soon.




Happy Scrapping !xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017