Tuesday 17 January 2017

"Tranquility" 49andMarket / Dusty Attic January


A big welcome back today. I am hoping that this post finds you well.
I have my next 49andMarket creation to share with you today. This project can also be found at A Place to Create as my next teaching class project. If so interested you can contact the store and leave details with the girls to save you a seat . So without further ado I present to you 

"Tranquility"


I have so many photos of the beach from when we lived up north. Our biggest pastime when the kiddies were younger, on weekends, was spent at the beach or camping near the beach. I miss these times as my children are much older and the weekends consist more of running to sporting activities and part time jobs. This photo is a series of photos that I mirrored the image to suit the layout as I had  already done the background before choosing the photo which is out of character for me I know, but this is how it happened this time around!


I had in my mind a layout with a colour combination of greys and yellows.......how things turn around when a photo comes into play as inspiration. I chose grey as my background paper was the b side of the Vintage Artistry paper "Ephemera". I have loved this piece since the day I laid eyes on my goodies box. So it seems that I keep the best till last! I used two pieces of this paper. One for my background which I have layered with lots of textures and paints. And the second piece I have cut the butterfly from the "A" side and from the "B" side I cut a 6 x 6" piece tore it up and coloured it with some paints. This became my matting for my sanded photo.


I don't think I need to tell you how very much I love the 49andMarket Rustic blooms collections. This time around I have used the green blooms from both the packs. I have coloured them a little to bring the page together.


And of course no page is complete without the addition of gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboards. I have used the new Dodads to support my photo and cluster. This is a two piece pack which I have simply mounted and layered one above the other.


And again.... you can see the word "tranquility" above. This is definitely the feeling I wanted to convey in my layout, as I remember this moment with my youngest. She was so caught up in packing the sand into the bucket to make her sandcastles that she didn't blink an eyelid at me clicking away with my camera. 


The stencilling on the background is also a new addition to the Dusty Attic collection of stencils. This one is called "Criss Cross". And the pearls too are from Dusty Attic....they have everything to compliment the 49andMarket collections!!



I have also snuck in some moss here!



And here you can see the addition of the Basics 49andMarket blooms. These teeny tiny roses are just a delightful addition to any layout. I have softened the colours of these to compliment the page.

Well I hope that I have inspired you in some way to pull out your 49andMarket Vintage Artistry collection and do a project yourself this weekend maybe?

Until next time ......thank you for taking the time to visit. See you again very soon.


xx

Materials Used







  




























And also......

Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Crackled Texture Paste
Liquitex Gesso
Archival Ink Potting Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017